The Florida Chapter of the AMHE aims to:
- Provide culturally sensitive health education for the Haitian-American community in Florida.
- Develop and participate in disease prevention programs for the community
- Facilitate networking among physicians and health care professionals of Haitian descent in Florida.
- Establish liaisons with the other Chapters of the AMHE, the Haitian Medical Association (AMH: Association Médicale Haitienne) in Haiti, as well as other professional organizations.
- Provide support to the medical schools, hospitals, and health prevention programs in Haiti.
The Florida Chapter of the AMHE envisions to:
- Contribute to reducing health care disparities in Florida.
- Promote excellence in medical knowledge, and the quality of care delivered to our patients.
- Help improve the health care system in Haiti.